Popovers. Not only are they a super-tasty pastry, but they’re also a really cool tablet-only UI element.
If you’ve ever used an iPad, then you’ve almost undoubtedly seen popovers before. But just in case you need to refresh your memory, here’s what they look like:
– Popovers are an iPad-only UI element.
– Usually activated by tapping on some element on the screen.
– They can be used to either display information for a user, or to gather information.
– They can be pretty much any height/width as long as they are not larger than the tablet’s screen.
– Popovers are more lightweight and cumbersome than a modal view that takes up the entire screen.